GET STARTED WITH iDISPLA PLATFORM
iDISPLA team is delighted that you are interested to learn more and join our community. We have built a dynamic and all inclusive ecosystem to advance science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. We invite everyone from all walks of life and community to join us and execute our mission..
We serve DoD Community of Interest (COI), Local and national workforce needs, and demonstrate evidence based capability in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEM/STEAM).
We are developing a capability to capitalize on community innovation culture, artificial intelligence, knowledge, distributed problem solving, data gathering, intelligence & analytics, and a collaboration platform for STEM, workforce and technology solutions.
- iDISPLA originated as the US Army C5ISR Center NVESD innovation platform;
- VCU and Commonwealth of Virginia - Department of Education became key partners;
- Virginia Microelectronic Consortium became a partner, followed by;
- 14 commercial businesses became partners to provide in kind services;
- Created a large ecosystem reaching entire Virginia.
- Next step is to scale this platform to entire Washington Metropolitan Region.
OBJECTIVES OF STEM PROGRAM
- COMMUNICATE the value and purpose of the Army/DoD STEM strategy and the need for engagement
- INSPIRE youth and community engagement in STEM education and outreach in the K-12 to undergraduate level by supporting and enhancing student and educator participation
- CULTIVATE the future STEM talent pool through supporting, experiential learning, ideation and enhancing undergraduate and graduate students participation
- PROMOTE increased participation of underserved groups in STEM activities and education programs
- ENHANCE the efficiency and effectiveness of STEM initiatives by gathering evidence using systematic approach and artificial intelligence
- Create a regional network of universities, industries, State and Federal entities
- Incubate visionary ideas to drive innovation at scale that offer value to all sectors
- Transform R&D into applications
- Create a collaborative and innovation culture
- Find new solutions to emerging challenges
- Derive insights from data
- Education, STEM & Workforce
- Discover new regional talents